Tuesday, February 06, 2007

More public annoyance

The main reason I object to the Muslim call to prayer that comes out of these speakers is that it wakes me at about 5:20am. Nearly as annoying is the lack of an ability to carry a tune by the main guy that calls the prayers. (And I'm not making a comment on Muslim tonal scales - I have heard much better from other mosques.)

This raises issues of freedom of speech and the use of public spaces. Those matters are complicated enough in my own culture - so I have no clue what the answers are here.

You heard me rave against christian evangelists - so this shows you I'm annoyed by people who make bad noises, no matter what their nationality, color or religion.

By the way, this is a photo of the actual speakers that broadcast the annoying sounds.

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...