Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm not sure about this...

When vehicles come off the ship from Japan, Dubai or Singapore to the port of Mombasa, temporary hand-painted plates are given. I have been told that vehicles are only to be driven on Kenya's roads for one week with those plates.

Someone I know has been driving this car for more than a year with this plate. (I blocked the numbers to protect their identity.) I haven't asked them what they do when the police stop them. (That's "when" not "if" - getting stopped is a weekly or monthly occurrence.)

They haven't gotten regular government-issue plates, as the government is dragging their feet in giving the required plates. Perhaps the plate issuers are looking for a bribe?

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...