Monday, February 05, 2007

Kenyans can be so nice!

Yesterday evening on my commute (walk) home, a lady stopped me. We had been greeting each other for at least the last year. We would pass each other maybe two or three times a week - in the morning or the evening.

So she said she would no longer be seeing me. She was retrenched (laid off) from her nearby job.

I said I was sorry. We shook hands and parted.

I greet maybe twelve or fifteen people like that each week. One guy is always on a bicycle. He has a cheerful round face with little beady eyes. Another lady often walks with a work mate, and they always talk in Kikuyu. The ladies typically wear dresses. Many of the men wear ties and dress shirts.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Cool, I love walking and meeting people. One of the great pleasures of life.

We're all in this together.

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds so pleasant over there=:)

Heather Jamison said...

Totally do agree. Kenyans are so incredibly nice, for the most part. Sometimes it makes me angry that I can't be as naturally nice as they are!!! :) Then I yell - or jump up and down!!! OK, kidding. But, truly - they are nice.

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...