Sunday, December 17, 2006

Kibera view


Saturday found us at the Sadili Sports Club. They have a high water tower that I have climbed before. This time I bought my camera. The club looks out on Kibera, Nairobi's largest neighborhood.

The panorama shows about 80% of its width. That is one single shot with my point-and-shoot.

One detail shows the contrast with a new apartment complex that's a stone's throw away. Another details highlights the corridors through the neighborhood - most are foot paths. The other detail shows some of the neighbors' back yards. Clothes are dried without the help of appliances (as are ours).

If you click on each image you can see a bigger version of each shot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... and if u look carefully in the background, you can see the Golf Course!

Heather Jamison said...

Hi Paul!

I like your website & think getting the word out about Kenya is cool. Thanks for what you do. I wondered if you'd visit mine and think about linking up. Let me know if you want to do so. I live in Kitale. Also an American. www.heatheronthenet.com

paulmerrill said...

Hi Heather.

I added yours to mine & would love it if you can do the same.

I like your blog!

You should allow comments on yours... (The only way for me to reach you was by signing your guestbook, and I'm not sure that you'll see that any time soon.)

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...