Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sportsman wins by a mile!

Here's another in my series of "rubbish art". These cigarettes were all made in Kenya (except for maybe the Pall Mall). Tobacco is grown here, so it's way cheap to smoke. Sportsman, as you might guess, is one of the cheapest brands - thus the large percentage of them among the found packages.

When we get back to the States, I plan to market my rubbish art as a series of greeting cards. Stay tuned, after July, and you can find out how to get your pack. (That's "pack of cards" not "pack of Kenyan cigarettes.")

If you double-click on the image, you can see it a bit larger.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But have you ever tried one yourself, Paul? Very cool art, by the way. Let me be one of the first to put in an order. Appreciate you guys & your look at Kenya! -julie

The Lone Beader® said...

Rubbish art cards?? Could you make postcards, too?? I collect postcards. Anyways, your idea is awesome!! I'll buy some. The images you have posted are cool=:)

chris said...

oooo...sign me up for the garbage cards, for sure! very cool.

Marti said...

I definitely want a set of your cards . I will post them on the walls of my office cubicle - assuming I have one - in a Paul-like way. And people will walk by and say "hmmmm......"

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...