A recent development in Kenya is the government's decision to take away vehicles from most government employees. (Formerly, many officials had several vehicles in their private fleet, all paid for by the government.)
What a refreshing change! It always bothered me (and just about everyone here) that nearly every big Mercedes Benz had government license plates. When one wafts past a duka (small shop) whose owner makes about $100 a month, the contrast is unbearable.
Government-funded vehicle use is not gone altogether but is greatly reduced.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where you can find Paul Merrill
If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...
-
Yes, this is the very last in my "rubbish art" series. I now have twelve - enough to make a calendar. Water bottles are popular i...
-
Yes, this is the very first entry in this blog. I don't plan to change the world with this blog... but maybe it will give you a small gl...
-
On weekend mornings, I brew enough for Heather and me. On weekday mornings, I only brew enough for me. (Heather gets her caffeine via tea, d...
No comments:
Post a Comment