Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Dot Com Biscuits

Britania is a major cookie maker in Kenya. (Yes, you guessed, that name originates from Kenya's colonial roots.)

I was amused at how one of their popular products is based around a "has-been" name. The CDs in the title are pretty funny too.

I think you figured out that "biscuits" is British-English for "cookies".

There's a massive billboard
featuring these lovely biscuits. All visitors to Nairobi see it, on their way into town from the main airport.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I really get a kick out of the different advertisements I've seen on your blog. This one is particularly "different."

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...