Sunday, January 07, 2007

The rhubarb zone

As one travels from Nairobi in the direction of Uganda, one passes several fruit and vegetable vendors.

We stopped recently to buy some plumbs, peaches - and yes, rhubarbs. (I'm not fond of rhubarbs, but the rest of the family likes them. I find them too much in the slime category. Ironically, I do like fresh oysters. But you gotta have some good cocktail sauce to slather on them.)

This "zone" sales concept is part of travel through Kenya - and Nairobi. Further toward Uganda is the oranges zone. But you guessed it, there is no tacos zone.

3 comments:

Lora_3 said...

Hmmm Rhubarb Pie!

Be safe...

The Lone Beader® said...

I agree. My mother makes KILLER strawberry rhubarb pie....=:)

And, what do you mean by 'no tacos zone'??? LOL

Mark Tatum said...

Having lived in Texas and California I can say there really aren't any taco zones in Colorado either - although I suppose they are better than what you might get in Nairobi. I personally prefer the T-Zone in Santa Fe!

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...