Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It only lasted a week

This giant billboard was only up for about a week. My theory is that the advertising company didn't provide the right bribe to the right official that clears such things.

The ad itself is why I took the shot – it's not very flattering to Kenyan coffee. A much better headline would have been "The World's Best Coffee - Kenyan of Course!"

Update: Mysteriously, the coffee ad reappeared there about a week after is was absent. Go figure.

Another update: when I went by there again, it was gone once more!

Yet another update: when I went by there a few days later, it was up again. I didn't see it this morning. Probably down.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I found your blog via Wild Grace. You've got some fun comments on life in Kenya. I'll be back!

P.S. I had some Java House in Nairobi Airport this summer!

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...