Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another club

Some of you might remember my visit to the Tanga Yacht Club. (Scroll down to April 9th.)

One recent Sunday afternoon, we went as a family to the Aero Club of East Africa. They serve lunch. (We're not members.)

It was fun for us to see small planes (and a few helicopters) take off and land. This cool plane was parked just outside the club's fence.

It was another of those glimpses into Kenya's colonial past; not a single club president was African - from 1927 until the present.

Inside the building was a small museum. This 9-cylinder engine used to generate 600 horsepower.

I apologize for the bad text wrap; Blogger does not provide the most accurate of site tools. And this blogger is not skilled at html.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I love the paint job on that plane!!! Very cool!!! Do you happen to have a photo of the whole thing?? I love small planes. Thanks for sharing:)

Also, I posted some pics of my desk for you:)

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...