Friday, July 21, 2006

My house in Kenya

I bought this house from a street vendor. I'm not sure if he was the artist or just the seller. I thought it was just art, though it may have been an architectural model.

Anyhow, it is totally hand-made. The roof is corrugated cardboard. The white trim is from a plastic cooking fat container. The bricks and mortar are banana leaves. Detail includes a 2-car garage and a staircase inside. The architectural style is very normal for homes of the 6-bedroom size in Kenya. (Well, most homes are larger than a barrel of apples!)

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

That's so cute!

Someday, I might decide to make a beaded house. LOL

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...