At about 3am this morning, Ben woke us up because a mosquito was buzzing in his ear. (The funny part was he said it was a bee.) Heather graciously got up and slayed the dragon.
We have mosquito nets, but sometimes those pests sneak in uninvited. (We use the nets more to avoid midnight buzzings rather than malaria. Apparently few of them carry malaria in Nairobi.)
So I couldn't get back to sleep. My thoughts turned to world-wide events. A friend who lives near London sent a shocking picture of one of the buses that got blown apart. And we haven't even seen many images of Katrina's destruction. I was comforted to remember that God knows even when a sparrow falls to the ground.
Then I started praying. Some friends have been going through Katrina-of-the-marriage. May God have mercy on that family! And I always pray for Ken, who frequently gets hit with insomnia.
Tonight, may your sleep be mosquito-free!
Friday, September 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Where you can find Paul Merrill
If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...
-
Yes, this is the very last in my "rubbish art" series. I now have twelve - enough to make a calendar. Water bottles are popular i...
-
Yes, this is the very first entry in this blog. I don't plan to change the world with this blog... but maybe it will give you a small gl...
-
On weekend mornings, I brew enough for Heather and me. On weekday mornings, I only brew enough for me. (Heather gets her caffeine via tea, d...
No comments:
Post a Comment