Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Big Issues

I have been dealing with the gap between the rich and the poor. This is actually part of my job, at least obliquely.

Here in my part of Nairobi, I am very rich. In my part of Colorado, I am middle class. In Proverbs 30:7-9, the writer talks about how it is better to be neither rich nor poor. So it’s tough to be at this extreme. Knowing many who struggle to make ends meet (or even to find enough food to feed their family), how can I justify taking my family to eat at a restaurant? Or buy a car magazine?

The short answer is that we try to make a difference in as many ways as we can – small or big.

And then there is the Hello Kitty Mastercard, for Hello Kitty completists. Get a life.

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...