Shameless plug

Most Kenyans I know love to leave the big city. I do too. It's just nice to say goodbye to the noise, pollution and craziness sometimes.

Many Kenyans have their retirement home "up country" (in a rural part of Kenya).

I thought this would be a great bumper sticker, and so I made a bunch. I haven't put much effort into marketing yet. I was discouraged when a Kenya friend asked me what the bumper sticker means. I guess it's an American concept applied to a Kenyan ideal - and that marriage is not made in heaven.

By the way, If you're in Kenya and would like ten or more, put a comment after this entry with contact info, and I'll get in touch. I'm selling them for about a buck apiece (70 shillings) - a real true bargain.

Update: A Kenyan friend told me that these stickers might not be popular because it has kind of a negative statement - the implication is, "I'm not happy here." (This fits right in with the amazing African sense of optimism.)

Comments

The Lone Beader said…
Nice design! And, I like the saying, too. If I had a Jeep or some off-road vehicle, I would totally display that=:)
Lora_3 said…
The design is great. I guess here in Austin they would say " I'd rather be in the Hill Country!"

Be safe...
Dave Moody said…
Funny the cultural differences. No wonder nations seem to talk past each other.

Thanks Paul...
dm

Popular posts from this blog

Kenyan English

Drivers License

Glass!