Sunday, September 04, 2005

And then there’s the Jazz


On Saturday, my son Jay and I went to the Nairobi Car Show. It was amazing that such a show was here. We were shocked at the prices of vehicles. (Most vehicles cost about twice as much as a similar one in the States.)

The star of the show to us was the Honda Jazz. It’s a great small car that America doesn’t have the taste to want. Sigh. (The closest thing might be the Chevrolet Aveo, which is smaller and very low quality in comparison.) It has won all kinds of awards around the world.

Another highlight was the wild colors and fabrics used in the buses and matatus. (Those are minibuses: 14-28 passengers.)

So sign me up for the Jazz - maybe in ten years when they are available in the U.S., I can afford one used!

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...