Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rain = relief

Yesterday afternoon the rain came! I had great joy at hearing the sound of the rain falling. (My poor photo here is out my window at work. You can see the rain drops' streaks on the concrete wall. You can also see what used to be green grass near the tree stump at the left.)

Kenya has been in the midst of the worst drought since 2000. In the States drought means not watering your lawn. In Kenya it means people dying.

Those of us who are more insulated from its ravages are still affected. My colleagues in Entebbe, Uganda (neighboring country) have had power cuts alternating each 24 hours.

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...