Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The hornbill

I'm always apologizing for the low quality of my photos in this blog. I hope you'll forgive my repetition. In this case, my 3x zoom just wasn't able to capture this bird well enough.

This hornbill is a bird you might see in a zoo in North America or Europe. But as we were talking with Dickson, it was happily flying from tree to tree. Also you might notice the tree it was perched in - another of those Dr. Suess varieties.

For those of you who visit this site regularly and/or use its RSS, I will be out of blogging range until Monday, March 20th. If you're of the praying variety, I'd appreciate your prayers as I drive a long way down into Tanzania with two friends. We'll be visiting a water project near Tanga, to see how ours can be furthered.

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...