Saturday, October 22, 2005

Kenyatta Day

I took Jay and his friend Micah to the Kenyatta Day events at the national stadium, very near to our apartment. We only stayed for about ten minutes. (We actually spent more time walking there and back.)

In the short time we were there, we saw a few marching bands, heard a Hindu prayer and the leader of the Salvation Army for Uganda and Tanzania pray. We left well before the President of Kenya gave a long and boring speech. (Well, I am just guessing about the long and boring part.)

I got a big buzz out of being one of the few imported people there. (I didn't see anyone else except for Jay and Micah.)

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...