Thursday, September 14, 2006

Amazing craftsman

A new building is in the process of being built at the compound where I work. Several very large trees sacrificed themselves. I was sad - at least one produced large orchid-like flowers... at 60 feet above the ground!

One day I noticed workmen carving up the trees with a chainsaw. Upon closer inspection, I saw they were making lumber! The guy with the chainsaw was incredible; he was creating straight boards without any guides!

Yes, here was another example of Kenyan resourcefulness. When a sawmill is not available, all that's needed is a chainsaw - and someone skilled enough to use it properly.

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...