Random highway sighting

We were caught in a traffic jam the other day. This meat truck was in the other lane, and I couldn't help but notice the contrast between live meat and the non-live meat that was inside the box. (These red-striped white boxes are a common site in areas where the Maasai live. Since their main livelihood is cattle, meat is the natural by-product.)

Not to antagonize the vegetarians reading, but I had to mention that if you look really close at the rear panel near the tail-light, you can see blood drips. Yes, that happens in the process of making meat.

Comments

Paulo Gama said…
HI FROM PORTUGAL
GREAT BLOG
VISIT ME ON MY BLOG TOO
BEST REGARDS
The Pocknalls said…
I love it.
When we were young, Mum and Dad took us to an African wedding. Instead of a cake the couple had a 'wedding goat'. It was nailed to a board, standing upright, and was carved thus.
Different cultures are great!
gracie said…
I guess it goes without saying that it is not a vehicle with onboard refrigeration... and thinking of the temperatures there, I think I'd be happily vegetarian.

Popular posts from this blog

Drivers License

Glass!

Kenyan English