Sunday, August 27, 2006

Cape to India

These guys came through Nairobi on their way from South Africa to India. I spotted their vehicle leaving a shopping center parking lot and knew there was a story. I whipped out my camera and took a couple of shots. In the process, I was able to have a quick discussion with the driver.

He said they had been robbed the night before - all their cameras had been stolen. This city is often called, "Nairobbery". I was so sad to hear their tale - they had come all that way to have this happen.

Africa does not have a system of highways traversing the continent - they had to ford rivers and go on dirt tracks for thousands of kilometers - only to be violated here in the big city.

1 comment:

30seconds.blogs.com said...

Wow, that's a super long road trip! What an adventure. So sad to have things stolen. It seems so pointless to lose stuff like that.

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...