Sunday, March 12, 2006

No credit, no problem!

My photograph was published in Nairobi's main newspaper, The Nation, over the weekend. They ran a story on the Nairobi Orchestra in the entertainment section. I didn't mind the lack of credit, since the reproduction was so poor quality.

Heather, who plays first oboe in the orchestra, noted that the article was very inaccurate. Apparently the writer highlighted much of last week's program, saying it was this weekend's. This was probably a reflection of the general level of journalism in that paper.

The kids were thrilled that their mom's picture was in the paper.

1 comment:

paulmerrill said...

Thanks for your comments, Mr. Freak Engineer. I appreciate your open-ness and honesty!

Yes, wherever one goes on this planet there are problems. And it's easy for me to focus on the negative sides, sometimes. Thank you for the reminder to look on the positive side.

Actually, Heather and I do enjoy reading The Nation. Their Tuesday Business tabloid supplement is awesome.

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...