Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Deep Space Mary


The Don Bosco Church is just up the hill from where we live. Every morning as I walk to work, I see Mary, holding Baby Jesus, at the pinnacle.

Barb, a friend here, called the church “Deep Space Mary” when it was being built about 12 years ago. So that stuck with me! (The name came from the church’s spaceship-like architecture.)

Apparently, it’s a vibrant alive church. Annemieke, another local friend, has attended several times. Some day we must visit.

On Sunday mornings, the very European church bells contrast with the call to prayer from the local mosque, in another direction – or a yelling evangelist from the national stadium, in yet another direction.

No comments:

Where you can find Paul Merrill

If you are looking for Paul Merrill, go over to  Shiny Bits of Life , which is my personal blog - or  Greener Grass Media . Thanks! (I no ...